Brighter Futures for Children
Commissioning Manager – Social Care
£ 42,821 to £48,847
1 X Permanent and 1X 2 year FTC
Closing date: 31st May 2021
We are now inviting expressions of interest from all BFfC staff. Attached is the job description and person specification.
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
- We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
- We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
- We embrace new and proven ways of working, including; Trauma Informed practice, Restorative approaches, Strong partnership working, Quick and appropriate decision-making.
This post holder will lead on the day to day implementation and delivery of commissioning programmes, plans and strategies across a wide-ranging portfolio which includes: children on the edge of care (early help); Children in need; children in care; children with disabilities and care leavers.
Through effective commissioning and contract management this postholder will play a vital part in enabling the company to achieve better outcomes for children and savings the company needs to achieve.
- To contribute to the development of commissioning strategies, plans as well as children in care sufficiency strategy and plan.
- To lead on the implementation of commissioning strategies objectives in relation to children on the edge of care and children in care, with social care teams, Clinical Commissioning Group, Housing and Adult social care.
- To devise project plans, allocating tasks as appropriate, identifying risks, issues and dependencies, considering best practice and current options and ultimately making decisions in the best interest of the project.
- To lead on procurements, taking responsibility for ensuring timelines are clear, documents are compliant and of a high quality focused on outcomes and engagement and consultations are well planned.
- To work closely with the Reading Borough Council’s Procurement Manager and Legal Services to ensure Brighter Future for Children’s aims, processes and legal obligations are followed.
- Provide strategic market intelligence and understanding in relation to the contract, including assessing market developments related to service delivery models and/or prevailing market conditions
- The equivalent of GCSE passes in English and Maths
- A qualification at degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Demonstrable success in managing and implementing significant change within a large organisation producing positive outcomes for children, young people and their families
- Experience of strategic commissioning of public sector health or social care services in relation to children, family or adult provision
- Demonstrable successes in planning, implementing and monitoring service delivery to meet agreed targets, performance indicators and outcomes
- Demonstrable success in creating and implementing partnerships and participation, working across all agencies and with all stakeholders, in particular with children, young people and their families
- Substantial knowledge and experience of national level additional provision policy and statutory duties, SEND and equality issues and service provision for SEND and children with disabilities and their families.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Matthew Lees on 0203 849 2792 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the link below for the Job Description & Person Specification.