Health & Safety Manager
Location: Bodicote but with opportunities to work flexibly
Salary: £49,614 - £52,939
Want to look at Health & Safety from a whole new angle? And create a long-term strategy that delivers a greater sense of wellbeing for everyone in the community? Then this could be just the opportunity you've been waiting for.
Set in the beautiful rolling hills at the northern edge of the Cotswolds, Cherwell District Council serves a population of more than 150,000 people. But while the landscape may be picturesque, life here is not without its challenges.
We have a complex mix of urban communities and high levels of deprivation that that are often hidden from the wider world. Cherwell, however, is a bold and ambitious Council, with a strong track record of delivering strategic programmes and initiatives to tackle these challenges head on.
In this key role, that sits within the Office of the Chief Executive, you'll introduce a more agile approach to Health & Safety. One that reflects the ever-changing needs of the Council and the community we serve
- Help define our long-term Health & Safety strategy. And ensure we have a robust and reliable management system in place to support it across the organisation.
- Lead and manage a small but dedicated Health & Safety team, overseeing their on-going development so that each individual can excel in their role.
- Provide all Council colleagues – particularly those in the Leadership Team – with expert guidance, support and advice on matters relating to health, safety and wellbeing.
- Ensure the work of all colleagues complies with current and future Health & Safety legislation, and that every individual understands their obligations and responsibilities in relation to this.
To rise to the challenge, you'll need a rather special set of qualities. Professional capabilities and practical experience are obviously important. But so too are the personal attributes you bring to the role.
- A NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Health, plus membership of a relevant professional body, such as the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) and the associated professional qualification.
- Significant experience in a medium to large organisation, and a strong track-record of achievement that demonstrates your ability to manage a wide range of health and safety risks.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, regulations and best practice. Plus a deep understanding of how to apply/adhere to them, in order to deliver the best possible solutions.
- Excellent communication skills – both in person and in writing – together with the confidence and credibility to inspire and motivate your team, and win the trust and respect of everyone around you.
Please visit the microsite for more information: https://www.cherwellambition.com/
Closing date: Monday 29th August 11.00am
Interview date: w/c 12th September 2022
For further information or confidential discussion, please contact: Delina Teklehaymanot on 07752791517 / Delina.Teklehaymanot@penna.com