Mobile Fabric Maintenance Engineer
Ealing Council Property Services delivers comprehensive building maintenance and facilities services to over 100 buildings across the borough. This is an opportunity to join the Fabric Maintenance Engineering team who carry out repairs and maintenance to building fixtures and fabric within the Council’s commercial properties.
• Provide a high level of customer service to a broad range of Council stakeholders
• Make site visits, investigating faults and carrying out repairs and/or reporting back required remedial works
• Liaise and work in close partnership with Property Services’ mechanical and electrical engineering teams
Successful candidates will need the following:
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Experience of general building fabric repair and maintenance e.g. carpentry, decoration, tiling, plastering, repair to building fixtures
• Understanding and working awareness of Health and Safety regulations and systems including asbestos awareness and PPE
• Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work schedules
• Ability to form positive relationships with colleagues, work flexibly as part of a team
• Effective verbal and written communication skills including completing job reports in plain English
• Experience using handheld tablet to review and update jobs
Ealing Council is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Ealing follows safer recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults, and the post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and Ealing’s enhanced vetting process.
This is a temporary assignment with good potential to progress into a permanent role. Ealing Council offers generous and flexible annual leave entitlement, the opportunity to join the local government pension scheme, and various learning and development opportunities to progress your career. Ealing Council recognises and values the diversity of all people and communities in the borough and in our staff.
For a confidential discussion, please contact our recruitment partner at Penna on Andrew Barton on +44 (0) 7922 386 432 or Andrew.Barton@penna.com
Closing Date: 3rd December 2023 (Midnight)