Senior Transport Projects Officer – Communication & Engagement Lead
Permanent, full-time 36 Hours per week
Salary: £40,869 - £46,839 per annum (PO4/PO5)
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the Team
The traffic, transport and parking division is responsible for the management of the council’s transport network and the delivery of Hounslow's Transport Strategy, which is about making our network healthy, clean, green, safe and accessible. The team is also responsible for the delivery of transportation projects ranging from minor improvements to £multi-million infrastructure projects. Think charging points for electric cars, cycle lanes, and a better walking network. Greater accessibility for those with mobility needs. It's a role that will enable you to make a tangible difference to our diverse communities. Your specific responsibilities will include project managing the development, implementation, and evaluation of a range of communication and engagement initiatives, to ensure that our residents are engaged and informed on all our activities. It will involve working closely with various departments within the council, especially the consultation and corporate communications teams, external consultants, resident groups, third sector organisations, Councillors, Hounslow Highways, Department for Transport and Transport for London.
1. To lead on the delivery of a portfolio of traffic and transport related consultation and communications projects as delegated to the postholder and their team by the Head of Service.
2. To lead on Equalities Impact Assessments of projects delivered by the traffic, transport, and parking division.
3. To lead on undertaking all necessary administration (record keeping and stakeholder communications); reporting (oral and written to internal and external stakeholders); monitoring & evaluation (including data analysis and presentation) of the projects allocated to the post holder and the staff reporting to them. To maintain at all times accurate project management and financial records required by the Council and other funding bodies (e.g. TfL, EU Commission etc) for audit purposes. To ensure compliance with the council’s financial standing orders and tenders and procurement regulations and facilitate all internal and external approvals necessary to deliver the allocated projects.
4. To manage the divisional training programme and budget and lead on the identification of training opportunities for all staff across the traffic, transport and parking division.
5. To actively identify internal and external opportunities for resourcing (e.g. external grants from TfL/DfT/EU etc) interventions that support achievement of the aims and objectives of the Local Implementation Plan for Transport, for consideration by Principal Transport Planner/Team Leader. To lead on further development and submission of such proposals up to the value of £500,000 with minimal supervision.
· Proven track record of delivering Consultation and communications relating to transport projects.
· Ability to translate and communicate otherwise complex proposals to the general public using innovative methods.
· Excellent engagement and communication skills
· Resilient and innovative thinker
Essential for The Role
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position, please contact Andreas Efthymiou at email@example.com or 07546 415 794.
Interviews will be held during week commencing 1st November 2021
Closing date: 24 October 2021