Head of HR Business Partnering
London Borough of Southwark
Salary: £63,513 - £79,248 + benefits
At Southwark, we are committed to making our borough just and fair, and taking positive action to tackle inequalities. We support a thriving, diverse and dynamic community, and our passion for Southwark is shared by the millions of Londoners who enjoy our outstanding cultural offer and attend our world-class hospitals and universities. If you want to make a difference to one of the most exciting parts of London, apply to Southwark Council today.
Could you re-shape HR Business Partnering at Southwark?
HR is changing in Southwark – and you can help lead the way. As Head of HR Business Partnering, you’ll play an integral role in transformation, creating a high-performing service that delivers real impact.
It’s a chance to develop every aspect of HR Business Partnering, including systems and processes. To achieve progress, you’ll need to inspire trust so colleagues support improvements. That means sharing ideas, making suggestions and keeping everyone informed. Open and highly collaborative, you’ll know how to listen, connect and enthuse others with your energy and drive.
Together, you and your team will shape an HR Business Partnering service that meets our council’s evolving needs. One that delivers strategies for people management, including employee relations and organisational change. Leading an HR Business Partner, you’ll provide client-responsive, cost-effective HR solutions, as well as professional HR guidance and support. A trusted advisor and champion of best practice, you’ll work at the highest levels with senior figures within the Council.
Ultimately, your goal will be to help us meet the priorities set out in our Council Delivery Plan. For that, we need an HR Business Partnering service that meets standards of professional excellence. You’ll provide expert management, planning and overseeing HR and change management programmes, while directing employee relations and casework. There’s no doubt it’s a challenging role, but our leaders will be 100% behind you.
We’re looking for:
- Graduate membership of the CIPD (or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience)
- Experience working as a senior HR professional in a large, complex organisation, providing strategic, business-led advice
- The ability to plan the delivery of operational HR and change management programmes to meet business needs within a legal and regulatory framework
- Experience of working with and advising high-level stakeholders
- The ability to work collaboratively and create a strong team spirit
- Customer focus and the drive to achieve high standards
- Strong leadership and management skills, including people and performance management
- Experience of developing constructive working relationships with trade union representatives through negotiation and consultation
- Commitment to Southwark Council’s values and our ambition to become an ever more inclusive, anti-racist organisation
Additional salary details
Benefits and more Information:
Closing date: 19th February 2023
Stakeholder panel (via MS Teams): Friday 3 March 2023
Interview panel (in person at Tooley St): Tuesday 7 March 2023
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact our recruitment partners at Penna; Shivani Poonja on 07709 509 097 or Shivani.Poonja@penna.com
We are an organisation that is passionate about our people and understands that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated by our council-wide commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together programme. We particularly welcome applications from candidates with under-represented backgrounds including candidates from Black, Asian and ethnic minority communities.