Client: London Borough of Southwark
Location: Hybrid Working
Salary: £48,747 - £55,845
Closing date: Friday, 09 June 2023 23:30
Senior Learning & Development Partner
Salary: £48,747 - £55,84 + benefits
At Southwark, we are committed to making our borough just and fair, and taking positive action to tackle inequalities. We support a thriving, diverse and dynamic community, and our passion for our borough is shared by the millions of Londoners who enjoy our outstanding cultural offer and attend our world-class hospitals and universities. If you want to make a difference to one of the most exciting parts of London, apply to Southwark Council today.
Deliver fresh, exciting learning that makes an impact
To give our communities outstanding service, our team needs to be at its best. As a Senior Learning & Development Partner, you’ll create exciting, impactful learning initiatives that help colleagues excel. You’ll be part of an L&D team that strives to help staff reach their potential so they can support thousands of residents. If you’re passionate about learning, we’ve got the ideal home for your skills.
A capable professional, you can design and deliver learning programmes that develop all our people in fresh and engaging ways. Drawing on your creativity, you’ll come up with solutions that support workforce strategy and borough plans while meeting current and future business needs. You’ll be just as adept at managing budgets and commissioning learning programmes that offer value for money. And, with experience of digital learning, you’ll embrace evolving technology.
This busy, fast-paced role also offer the opportunity to deputise for the Head of L&D, represent the L&D function and deploy your keen strategic insight. If you can collaborate with colleagues and stay abreast of L&D innovations, join us – and help deliver a ‘one Council’ service.
We’re looking for:
- Experience as a L&D professional in a large complex organisation.
- The ability to think strategically, analyse evidence and develop practical and innovative solutions.
- Budget management and financial understanding of local government finances.
- The ability to harness and promote digital and technological developments to deliver engaging learning opportunities.
- Experience of driving L&D policy.
- The ability to work collaboratively with members, political group offices, managers and colleagues across the council to develop and implement learning and development projects and programmes.
- A CIPD qualification, ideally – but this is not essential.
- Commitment to Southwark Council’s values and our ambition to become an ever more inclusive, anti-racist organisation.
Additional salary details:
Benefits and more Information:
Closing date: Friday 9th June 2023
Interview date: w/c 19th June 2023
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact our recruitment partners at Penna: Kirsty.Constable@Penna.com or call on 07895 300 513
We are an organisation that is passionate about our people and understands that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated by our council-wide commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together programme. We particularly welcome applications from candidates with under-represented backgrounds including candidates from Black, Asian and ethnic minority communities.