Client: St Anne's Community Services
Salary: £56,960 Per Annum
Closing date: Sunday, 04 June 2023 23:30
Head of Corporate Governance
Salary £56,960pa (Any inflationary reviews attributable to the role are reflected post probation)
Founded in 1971, St Anne’s Community Services has become one of the largest and most respected charities in the North of England. We support nearly 2,000 vulnerable adults in specialist residential, supported living and outreach services, enabling them to receive exceptional care and support and ultimately achieve independence.
Our vision is ‘A life without limits for the people we support’ which reflects our culture of a knowledgeable, passionate and dedicated workforce. We are recruiting for a Head of Corporate Governance based in our Morley central office.
As a Head of Corporate Governance, you'll need to:
• Guide the Chair and the board to ensure they are operating in accordance with regulations and best practice
• Support the Chair in ensuring the board functions efficiently and effectively facilitate good communication between the board, committees, senior management and regulators
• Manage key relationships within the organisation with trustees and senior management team
• Take responsibility for the administration of the company, for example: maintaining statutory books, including registers of directors, organising board meetings, supporting committees, preparing agendas and taking minutes
• File necessary documents with Companies House, Charities Commission, Housing Regulator, HSE, CQC, HMRC etc as require
• Supporting the relationship with the internal and external auditors
• Monitor changes in legislation and best practice and take appropriate action
• Ensure the organisation is appropriate insurances
• Manage and lead on information governance within the organisation, undertaking DSAR as appropriate
• Management the risk profile of the organisation alongside the CEO
• Liaise with external advisers, such as lawyers and auditors as required
• Lead on trustee training and ensure the full regulatory compliance and best practice
• Lead on organisation due diligence as required
• Support policy development
• Other duties as required
What to expect:
• Work is mainly office-based with occasional hybrid working
• Dress code in place for office
• An enhanced DBS is required for this role
Qualifications / Experience:
• Honours degree
• Chartered governance qualification
• Information governance / DSAR qualification and experience
• Knowledge of Caldicott Guardian / SIRO desirable, however training will be provided
• Minimum 5 years-experience within governance function
• Line management or supervisory experience
• Extensive minute taking
• Experience of risk reporting systems, risk management and mitigation
• Preparation of high-quality written reports
• Good working knowledge of safeguarding
• Trustee engagement and support
• Experience in risk management and mitigation
You'll need to have:
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels
• Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work
• The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure
• The capability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills
• A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to board trustees and senior management
• Management and teamworking skills
• A friendly and approachable demeanour
• Adherence to the Nolan Principles and act in accordance with St Anne’s values at all times
• Integrity and discretion
• A sound grasp of corporate governance issues
• A commercial frame of mind
Terms & Conditions:
• Enhanced DBS Disclosure
• 37.5 hours per week, although hours to be undertaken to perform the role.
• Appointments are subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period.
• St Anne’s provides membership of a Group Personal Pension Scheme (currently through Scottish Widows) in line with auto enrolment. Contribution rates are 5% Employee Contribution and 8% Employer Contribution. This is an Auto-Enrolment scheme.
• Your attention is drawn to the fact that St Anne’s has a ‘No Smoking’ policy for staff at all its establishments.
• All staff must comply with and uphold St Anne’s policies.
• All staff are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the mission and values of St Anne’s and be prepared to contribute towards its strategic objectives and adhere to St Anne’s policies and procedures.
• All staff must they complete all mandatory training and CPD requirements for their role.
St. Anne's wants to reward its employees for their hard work. Employee benefits include;
• Leave entitlement is 28 days plus statutory holidays
• 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme
• Continuous opportunities for ongoing training and career development
• Cycle To Work scheme
• Refer A Friend recruitment initiative
• Flexible working opportunities (where applicable) upon successful completion of probation period
• Group Personal Pension Scheme
• Discounted income protection scheme
• Free car parking at most services
• Free life assurance cover
• Payment of professional registration or membership fees.
• Free eye tests and glasses contribution scheme (VDU users only).
• Paid Blue Light Scheme
• Paid Jury leave
• Carers leave (unpaid)
Interviews will be held during week commencing 19th June 2023 (exact dates TBC)
For a confidential discussion please contact our recruitment partners at Penna on: Dan.Wide@penna.com or Brian.Gallagher@penna.com