Client: Wokingham Borough Council
Location: Shute End/Hybrid Working
Salary: £59,898 - £65,576
Closing date: Sunday, 11 June 2023 23:00
Head of Service; Commissioning, Transformation and Programmes (Adult Services)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Service; Commissioning, Transformation and Programme to join our proactive and highly regarded Adult Social Care Management Team.
The Adult Social Care Strategy, Commissioning and Performance Service supports the delivery of efficient and effective services that enable the department to deliver against our Adult Social Care strategy and wider corporate delivery plan.
Our Adult Social Care team is proud to be nominated for three MJ Awards, across categories including Best Social Housing Initiative, Digital Transformation, and Innovation in Partnerships, recognising the exceptional services offered to provide better Social Care for adults in the Borough.
As the Head of Service, you will play a key role in ensuring Adult Social Care in Wokingham continues moving forward with the right mix, capacity and quality of services and support arrangements, to enable people to be as independent as we know they wish to be.
Working with the Assistant Director for Adult Social Care Strategy, Commissioning and Performance and other members of the Commissioning Management Team, you will drive and implement the fast-paced transformation of the Adult Social Care and Health services to deliver better outcomes for people, improved value for money, and a sustainable high quality Adult Social Care system for the people of the borough of Wokingham.
• Delivering our ambitious Adult Social Care transformation programme, ensuring the delivery of better outcomes for people, improved value for money, and a sustainable high quality Adult Social Care system
• Delivering the departments commissioning and transformation plan. Working with colleagues from across the council to ensure that our residents achieve the best possible outcomes.
• Developing our strategic partnership with Optalis Ltd. Including the development of the innovative service delivery models, strategic direction and vision, financial business case for improvement and longer-term sustainability.
• The development of our co-production strategy and our approach to Social Care Futures.
• Leading on the strategic development of a suite of policies for Adult Social Care, working with the whole department to keep these current and oversee implementation. Working with corporate colleagues around how these policies relate to and align with the council plan and other council polices, as well as national social care policy.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced transformational commissioner who can provide strong and visionary leadership, to create an effective culture with a focus on securing better outcomes for service users.
• Experience of delivering Adult Social Care transformation programmes, ensuring the delivery of better outcomes for people, improved value for money, and a sustainable high quality Adult Social Care system.
• Experience of delivering high quality planning, commissioning, and improvement processes to drive change, innovation and excellence in social care commissioning in line with national and local priorities.
• Experience of delivering innovative approaches to the development of the commissioning of new services, with a focus on the needs of our local community, whilst improving joint commissioning both across the authority and the region, ensuring that all strategies are forward-focused and outcome driven.
• Experience of leading and managing a highly effective commissioning and/or transformation service. To plan, direct and control allocated project resources in order to ensure that designated projects continue to deliver flexible and effective services and to sustain a team and working environment capable of meeting the project objectives.
Applications close: Sunday 11th June 2023 11pm
Interviews date: Monday 26th June or Friday 30th June (TBC)
For a confidential discussion please contact our recruitment partners at Penna on: Brian.Gallagher@penna.com or call +44 (0) 7716 098175
Wokingham Borough Council is based in Wokingham Town Centre, recently crowned the healthiest place to live in the UK. Wokingham is an attractive market town in Berkshire, with excellent road and rail links and is easily accessible from London and Reading. The Borough has good schools and low levels of crime, and the town is attractive to families and residents, who enjoy a high quality of life.
As well as a highly rewarding career, you will receive a host of incredible benefits including flexible working opportunities, generous annual leave entitlement, an exceptional local government pension scheme, discounts and much more!